Academy Of Creativity, Masifunde Learner Development
Art, music and theatre in Walmer Township.
To turn children into effective changemakers with joy and passion.
- Masifunde's vision is a united society in which all people can actively shape and change their lives by receiving a holistic, high-quality education.
- The Masifunde Academy of Creativity gives children and young people access to art, music and theatre.
- The core elements are drama, music and art lessons for more than 200 children aged 10 to 19 from the Walmer Township in Gqeberha (formerly Port Elizabeth) in South Africa.
- Under the guidance of local artists, the children can explore their talents, inspire each other through performances and exhibitions and, in doing so, strengthen their self-confidence.
A trifecta of creativity, education and social support.
- Encouraging self-confidence and self-development through drama, music and art lessons.
- Support in the field of education by providing tangible tutoring offers, the provision of high-quality materials and the creation of a positive learning atmosphere.
- Help in the social sphere from social workers, individual family support as well as workshops and group lessons on age-relevant topics.
More than 50 children on a theatre stage
- With "Bhuti is the Beast", the students of the Academy of Creativity brought a play about gender-based violence to the stage.
- More than 50 young people from Walmer Township in South Africa used "Bhuti is the Beast" to highlight the social ills of their community to the public through theatre, music and visual arts.
Support the Sir Peter Ustinov Foundation now!
With your donation, you will help us to accomplish many more important projects for children in need.