ActNow22, Creative Change e.V.
A peaceful coexistence for the children of our world
- Sir Peter Ustinov was convinced that prejudices are learned and can also be unlearned – as was project partner Creative Change e. V.
- Creative Change e. V. is a non-profit organisation that, with its project ActNow22, has set itself the goal of reducing any kind of existing prejudice between people in order to enable peaceful interaction.
Using drama to achieve more interpersonal skills
- ActNow22 has been designed to be a project week for schools and is a combination of interactive theatre and political education.
- In 2022, the Sir Peter Ustinov Foundation sponsored ActNow22 project week at two Frankfurt schools, the Ebelfeld School and the Anne Frank School.
- The pupils learned and practised how to deal with challenges in an entertaining way that was appropriate to their age.
- The use of peer counselling aims to expand the participants' behavioural repertoire. By consulting each other, participants jointly develop approaches to solutions and consequently expand their skills towards reflecting in a structured way during problem situations and solving future challenges on their own.
- The theatre education method enables low-threshold access to complex topics.
A project week that creates enthusiasm.
- Children who took part in the ActNow22 project week were enthusiastic about it and found the four days of the project week very interesting.
- The children positively emphasised that they were able to say what they thought during the project, that they learned a lot of new things and that the project made them feel better prepared to deal with the issues discussed and to stand up against prejudices.
Support the Sir Peter Ustinov Foundation now!
With your donation, you will help us to accomplish many more important projects for children in need.