St. Augustine Boarding School, Indian Sponsor Circle e. V.
More education for less poverty.
Strong children with a strong future.
- Giving children the strength to create a self-determined future – that‘s the goal of the St. Augustin boarding school in the diocese of Khandwa, which is located in the municipality of Sipur in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh.
Opportunities and future prospects for disadvantaged children.
- Together with the Indian Sponsorship Circle e. V., the Sir Peter Ustinov Foundation has been supporting the St. Augustine boarding school since spring 2022.
- Madhya Pradesh is one of the least developed and poorest regions in India.
- The Adivasis and Dalits, who are outside the caste system, make up the majority of the local population. They are largely excluded from economic, cultural and social life in India.
- The girls of the indigenous tribal population are particularly disadvantaged as they are considered inferior to boys and have no access to schooling.
- Through the support of the Sir Peter Ustinov Foundation, 70 children between the ages of five and twelve are given the chance of a quality school education.
- Their admission to the boarding school includes accommodation, secure medical care and education as well as regular meals to promote the children's healthy development into responsible individuals.
Fighting poverty with education.
- Thanks to securing educational opportunities for the extremely disadvantaged, poverty-stricken children in the diocese of Khandwa, the project makes a significant contribution to improving the educational situation.
- The increase in the school enrolment rate and the reduction in the school dropout rate has ultimately led to poverty reduction in the Madhya Pradesh region.
Support the Sir Peter Ustinov Foundation now!
With your donation, you will help us to accomplish many more important projects for children in need.